Allied Newspapers Limited (“ANL”) - Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions that may be featured on this website or in any of our publications including the Times of Malta and The Sunday Times of Malta. In case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions and/or competition specific terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
2. ANL may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
3. Competition Entry
- 3.1. Competitions are open to all residents of Malta and Gozo aged 18 years or over. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request. Written parental/guardian consent is required where a competition states that participants may be under the age of 18.
- 3.2. Employees and agents of ANL or any associated company as well as any company connected with the sponsorship of a competition or any of their associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable competition, nor are their relatives or members of their families or households.
- 3.3. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- 3.4. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and ANL’s use or publication of such works will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- 3.5. Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- 3.6. ANL, its agents and/or associated companies and/or subsidiaries involved in the competition will not accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed in any way whatsoever.
- 3.7. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, or not received by ANL will be void.
- 3.8. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of ANL shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 3.9. ANL will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where ANL decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. ANL reserves the right to refuse to refund where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition.
- 4.1. The prize is as specified in the competition information.
- 4.2. The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries, the draw for the winner will take place within the stipulated number of days of the date on which the competition closes.
- 4.3. Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged by ANL or as indicated in the competition information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition’s promoters and intermediaries.
- 4.4. Should more prizes be claimed than are available for any reason, a simple prize draw will take place for the available prize(s).
- 4.5. ANL will attempt to notify the winner within two days after the closing date of the competition, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information. The winner will be contacted on the contact information provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If ANL is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and ANL reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
- 4.7. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner, which in ANL’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the competition at ANL’s sole discretion.
- 4.8. ANL reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or due to unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of ANL.
- 4.9. ANL reserves the right at its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until proof of eligibility and identity of the winner has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- 4.10. ANL shall attempt to deliver the prize to the winner within five days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, ANL reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
5. Data Protection
- 5.1. Identity and contact information, such as the name and surname and postal address of the entrant (“personal data”) which is provided by entrants when they enter will be processed by ANL and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition.
- 5.2. By submitting their personal data, the entrant agrees to ANL processing those details in accordance with the purposes made known the entrant at the time of collection and in accordance with ANL’s Privacy Statement.
- 6.1. ANL accepts no liability for any competition which has been sponsored by a third party and such third party is responsible for its fulfilment.
7. Standard Terms
- 7.1. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, ANL shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and ANL reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by ANL including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
- 7.2. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- 7.3. The promoter of the competition is Allied Newspapers Limited of Times of Malta, Triq l-Intornjatur, Imrieħel.
- 7.4. These terms and conditions were last updated on December 28, 2018.