The Software Developer will have to ensure the delivery of quality software solutions via development, testing or support activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Apply technical knowledge, skills and expertise to provide development, testing or support service to clients and customers
- Achieve delivery of core/customized products in accordance with agreed schedules, procedures and standards
- Conduct peer reviews
- Provide effective team collaboration
- Accurate recording of time, effort and schedule related activities via trackers
- Provide good communication skills to achieve excellent customer service
- Escalate to Team Lead and/or Lead Engineer if needed, on risks/issues identified which impact project delivery schedules
- Take ownership and do follow up on project/s assigned
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Seek and respond to development feedback
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervision of other personnel is not required in this position.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following • competencies (for development, testing or support as appropriate):
- Work efficiently on development tasks in accordance with the client and project needs and methodology standards
- Ensure code satisfies design specifications and comply with project standards
- Review code, develop revisions and log defects/deficiencies
- Check that effort/schedule estimates are realistic and committed targets are met.
- Resolve design problems
- Perform unit testing
- Ensure documentation completeness
- Understand and apply development framework
Education/Experience: Because of the critical nature of this role, we can only consider candidates who can demonstrate that they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Diploma or Degree holder in IT • At least 1-2 years experience in software development, testing or support environment.
- English Communication, Verbal and Written
- Team Player/Focus
- Customer Service orientation
- Meeting targets
- Quality Orientation
- Information Gathering
- Ethics and Standards
- Computer/IT Literate
- Knowledge of process methodology
- Knowledge of software development concepts and lifecycles
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. SD Worx, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at SD Worx.