Senior Systems & Network Administrator
A specialist service provider with expertise in offshore companies, trusts, and fund administration, is hiring a Senior Systems & Network Administrator.
The Key Responsibilities are as follows:
- Plan and coordinate the setup, installation, and configuration of operating system (including hardware and software), new software releases, and upgrades.
- Monitor, tune, diagnose, and resolve complex operating system, application, and database problems; monitor network performance to determine future requirements.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Windows server infrastructure and related IT systems.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, maintain, and resolve complex hardware and software problems, typically related to system failures, with servers, hardware, operating systems, security, applications, database structures, and data protection.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, standards and service provisioning.
- Handle security user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with bestpractices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Develop, test, and implement complex scripts to automate common functions or system operations.
- Consult with users to identify existing system problems then evaluates and recommends various software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- Develop, maintain and publish complex custom reports in response to business user needs.
- Practice hardware/software asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Maintain documentation for policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Optional & as and when required: Provide work direction and guidance to team members: ensure accuracy of the work of team members, their ability to operate under deadlines and to work on multiple tasks.
- Optional & as and when required: Contribute in members’ performance reviews and provide input into their learning and career plans.
- Any other cognate duties that may from time to time be required which are appropriate to the role and business requirements.
Key Skills Required:
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience
- Degree in IT
- Experience and knowledge working with server and storage hardware, software, including HyperV, VMWare, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like Hyper-V, VMware or Citrix
- Experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware. Operating systems, storage, backup hardware and associated network equipment
- Strong understanding of server virtualization infrastructure concepts and tools
- Understanding of or experience with NAS and/or SAN technologies, Filesystem , Data stores and LUN Manipulation
- Understanding of and experience with Microsoft operating systems (2012/2016), Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, DNS, OS security, and systems patching
- Experience working in a multi-server environment is required with knowledge of clustering technologies and strategies
- Understanding of or experience in supporting web servers including services, application pools and threshold monitoring
- Understanding of or experience with backup software and recovery strategies
- Understanding of or experience with server hardware
- Scripting skills - PERL, Powershell, batch, and/or VB would be an advantage
- Microsoft (MCSA,MCSE) would be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with multiple tasks
- Good IT/communications background and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal, team-build and leadership skills
- Exemplary time management, organizational and communication skills
- Must be flexible to work extended hours and after office hours
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly on the Castille Website and/or contact Deeya for more details.