Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Our client, a technology-based investment company, is looking to hire Senior Java Developers to join their team.
They are looking for Senior/Lead Software Engineers with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Design and develop moderately complex solutions from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Create, amend and keep track of software in accordance with the design.
- Conduct development testing of programs; correct errors and re-test to achieve an error-free result.
- Document all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Conduct reviews of supplied specifications, with others as necessary.
- Take part in reviews of own work. Take part in reviews of the work of colleagues
- Perform research and development on latest technologies / framework
- Provide guidance/advice and assistance to colleagues in any aspect of program design, creation, testing and documentation and supervise others
Autonomy - Work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability. Exercise substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Plan own work to meet given objectives and processes.
Influence - Interact with and influences department/project team members. Has working level contact with customers and suppliers. Make decisions which may impact on the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
Business Skills - Demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving. Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Java 8, Kotlin, Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Web MVC, Spring Integration, Spring Data)
- ORM Frameworks (Java Persistence API/JPA, Hibernate) / SQL & Databases (PostgreSQL, H2, MySQL, Oracle)
- Java Message Service (JMS) / Working Experience in Amazon Web Services, Docker
- Good knowledge of java security API, socket programming, JAAS, JCA, JSSE, TLS, PKI
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Mgt, Transaction Mgt)
- Experience in developing web applications using web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
Below additional experiences would be a definite advantage:
- Exposure in engineering field (mechanical, electrical) and experiences in developing IoT solutions
- Broad knowledge of IoT architectures, from devices to cloud (Gateways, Connectivity, Analytics)
- Understanding of Network Programming (HTTPS, TCP, UDP, SSL, SMTP, SNMP, WIFI, RFID, NFC)
- Strong knowledge of IP-based wireless technology, public wireless networks and IP networking
- Breadth of knowledge around different kinds of IoT sensors
- Experience in cloud computing, system programming, big data analytics (e.g Hadoop, Spark), AI/Machine Learning
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly on the Castille Website.