RBS Field Technician
Maintenance and servicing of equipment related to radio base stations and transmission networks.
- Upkeep of BTS sites.
- To carry out regular maintenance of all RBS sites.
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all BTS equipment.
- Upkeep of the transmission equipment.
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all transmission equipment.
- Upkeep of all equipment other than that found on BTS sites.
- To carry out regular maintenance of any other operational equipment used to provide service to Vodafone Malta Ltd subscribers.
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all equipment described above.
- Installation work
- To carry out installation of RBS hardware on sites (including, but not exclusively, poles, cable trays, cables, antenna panels, microwave links and equipment cabinets).
- Work at height.
- Willing to work at heights (especially, but not exclusively, on telecom towers).
- Undergo training and certification courses for working at heights as per company policy.
- Undergo periodical medical examinations, as per company policy, to ensure physical fitness for working at heights.
- Call-out work
- Faults occurring outside office hours need to be attended to as required. Such work is covered through a call-out roster so that support to systems and equipment is effectively on a 24/7 basis.
Technical / Professional Expertise:
- MCAST BTEC national diploma in telecommunications or electronics or equivalent.
- Familiarity with common software packages like MSexcel, MSword and MSaccess considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Autocad considered an asset.
- Previous work in a telecoms environment considered an asset.
- Possession of Cisco CCNA certification considered an asset.
- Possession of Enemalta Licence A considered an asset.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. Vodafone, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at Vodafone.