Castille Labs is looking for an Oracle DBA to join their team in Ebene, Mauritius.
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, Education and production usage.
- Work closely with system administration
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Implements backup and Data recovery.
- Migrations of programs and database changes.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Perform reviews on design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Planning with application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
- The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
- A good knowledge of the operating system(s)
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organisation
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Good skills in all Oracle tools
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources
- Sound knowledge of the applications at your site
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle
- A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning
- A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers