ICT Support Officer (Clerk Grade 2) within the ICT Unit
The ICT Unit is responsible for all Information and Communication Technologies related support services to the MFSA’s Units.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a background in information and communication technologies to increase the current pool of resources. The eventual appointee will be appointed at a clerical grade 2 level and will form part of a multidisciplinary team within the ICT Unit.
- Preferably an ‘A’ level in Computing and a required minimum of six ‘O’ levels including English, Maltese and Mathematics
- An ICT Certification would be considered an asset.
- Applicants intending to follow a career in the application of ICT within the financial services sector.
- Preferably having work experience in some of these areas; Information Systems Applications, MS Windows Operating Systems, MS Office Suite, Telephony Systems, Computer Hardware, Wired & Wireless Networks, Structured Cabling, Printing and Multifunction Machines.
- Preparing, configuring, and installing ICT systems;
- Monitoring and maintaining ICT equipment;
- Troubleshooting of systems and hardware faults;
- Helpdesk support and resolve issues;
- User training and guidance;
- Preparing relevant documentation and reports.
- Ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary
- A high degree of self confidence o Basic negotiation skills