Deputy Head of Risk
The successful candidate will be joining a multidisciplinary team involved in analysing risk within the Company. Reporting into the Head within Risk Management, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- To assist in the coordination and the running of the operations within the Risk Management function.
- To assist in the management and leadership of the team to ensure the appropriate distribution of work tasks and the achievement of the set KPIs for the individuals and for the team.
- To take an active role in provision of strategic input and direction in relation to the risk appetite at the functions’ level, and ensuring that all activities are carried out in alignment with the set risk appetite.
- To ensure that the defined risk appetite is compliant with requirements as set by the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) including the ECB, EBA, EIOPA and ESMA.
- Liaise with the senior management team, offering contribution and support in relation to risk and quality standards.
- Review internal processes and procedures and offer recommendations as to how these can be improved through risk and quality perspectives.
- A solid academic background in Risk Management or in another related background.
- Hold a a Bachelors Degree
- You will also possess a minimum of six (6) years working in a similar senior role or at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, if you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications
- Able to demonstrate a proven level of leadership skills required to supervise and manage staff
- Be assertive and self-confident