Deputy Director (Banking)
Our client is seeking a Deputy Director (Banking) to manage a multidisciplinary team involved in the processing of applications for new licence or the amendments of existing ones.
- A University Honours Degree in Accountancy or Banking & Finance
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- Applicants would be expected to have worked within the financial services environment for a minimum of six (6) years and preferably with eight (8) years at a senior level.
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, particularly in the area of banking.
- Applicants should be authoritative, assertive and self-confident to carry out the responsibilities of the Deputy Director
- The Deputy Director will report to and deputise for the Director and will work closely with the other employees of the Unit with particular emphasis in the area of banking.
- S/he will be expected to take over the duty of co-ordinating the work-load of the Unit in the area of banking, directing and carrying out as necessary second reviews of applications for the issue of licences,