Data Protection Officer
Seeking to fill in the position of a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who will be responsible to perform the tasks prescribed by the GDPR. S/he will ensure that the organisation acts in compliance with Data Protection Legislation and provides advice regarding personal data processing activities and supporting the various departments within the company in the drafting of policies and implementation of procedures
Further responsibilities include:
- Ongoing monitoring of legal and regulatory developments relating to data protection matters;
- Providing data protection training to staff members and intermediaries;
- Preparing data protection reports to the Board of Directors;
- Maintaining data processing registers;
- Managing, investigating and reporting personal data breaches as may be required; and
- Acting as a main point of contact with the IDPC.
Applicants need to have a comprehensive knowledge of data protection legislation and regulations and be ideally in possession of a data protection qualification. If it’s not the case, adequate training will be provided.