Data Protection Officer
A well established financial services company is seeking to employ a Data Protection Officer. This role will report directly to the Risk and Compliance Manager and the main responsibility will be to ensure that the Group companies meet the requirements and obligations under the GDPR.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To inform and advise the Group of its obligations in the processing of personal data under the GDPR and other such regulations, and monitor compliance,
- Develop and implement a data protection and privacy framework, establish and document compliant processes,
- Raise awareness of the Groups obligations amongst staff and provide training to employees and intermediaries of the Group,
- Carry out privacy impact assessments,
- Support and co-ordinate Management’s focus in promoting a culture of awareness of data security throughout the Group,
- Liaise with the IT Department of the Group to ensure that implemented technical controls are in place as required,
- Oversee the implementation of technical and non-technical controls to ensure that the group is in compliance with the GDPR,
- Manage, investigate and report any breaches to management, the supervisory authority and data subjects as required,
- Act as the main point of contact and cooperate with the supervisory authority as required.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge of national and European data protection laws and practices;
- Good communication skills and able to communication with all stakeholders within the Group;
- Able to work unsupervised and within the groups various departments as required,
- Previous experience as a Data Protection Officer and familiarization with financial services will be considered an asset
For more information apply online or call Simon on (+356) 99 343 394. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.