Analyst – Securities and Markets
Lead regulatory institution is seeking to employ an Analyst – Securities and Markets to engage in the fields of collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositories, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised administrators.
The selected candidate will:
- Lead and participate in on-site inspections of investment firms and undertake thematic on-site visits.
- Engage and Address any regulatory issues that may arise in the normal course of the investment firms’ business.
- Represent the investment firms’ team in engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide the appropriate supervisory guidance when required by investment firms.
- Have to keep abreast of new regulations which may impact investment firms and provide input on policy issues.
- Ensure that any arising issues with the investment firms are dealt with expeditiously.
Requirements, Competencies and Qualifications
- Academic background in Accountancy or Banking and Finance related background with minimum Level 6 by NQF, any additional qualifications will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the area of Financial Services Sector.
- If not in possession of the necessary academic or professional qualification, a minimum of 7 years of experience would be still considered an equivalent.