Weekly advice - January 20, 2019
• Sellers are legally responsible to abide by the delivery date stipulated in the contract of sale.
• When no delivery date is included in the contract of sale, ordered goods must be supplied within thirty days from date of order.
• Goods that are delivered damaged must be replaced by the seller free of charge.
• Consumers are entitled to a full refund when damaged or lost goods cannot be replaced.
• Consumers should be given reasonable time to inspect the delivered goods and report detected defects.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901