Weekly consumer tips - December 30, 2018
• During sales, consumers’ legal rights do not change.
• ‘No returns’ and ‘No refunds’ policies cannot be applied by sellers for defective goods.
• Besides the sales percentage, sellers are legally obliged to indicate the final selling price.
• It is illegal to make discounts appear higher than they really are.
• Misleading adverts and promotions may be reported online through the Flag a Concern form found on the MCCAA website: https://mccaa.org.mt/home/infringement
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901