For your diary - September 9, 2018
• Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again (PG) will be screened at Don Bosco Oratory, Victoria, today at 5.30pm.
• A summer festival in aid of Puttinu Cares will be held today at Savina Square, Victoria, from 9pm with the participation of Cash and Band.
• The Gozo Youth Wind Band will present the fourth edition of ‘Stage and Proms on the Sea’ at the Mġarr Marina tomorrow at 8.30pm. For more information call 7942 1611 or 9942 1611 or visit email@example.com.
• A blood donation session will be held at the Xewkija District Health Centre on Tuesday from 1 to 5pm.
• Il-Fergħa Ewkaristika (Għawdex) will hold an hour of adoration at Our Lady of Pompeii church, Victoria, on Thursday from 9am to 10am. Rosary will be recited at 8.45am. Everyone is invited.
• The Għaqda Armar Triq Diċembru 13 of Nadur will be inaugurating a new niche and a lifter for the statue of St Peter and St Paul on Friday at 7.30pm. The statue, which during the feast proper is placed on a pedestal in December 13 Street, will now be placed in a niche in the premises where the society stores the feast decorations. A commemorative event will be held in front of the June 29 premises in December 13 Street, including a festive meal. Those who would like to attend the meal are to contact Andrew Muscat on 9910 1957.
• A programme of activities will be held on Saturday to mark the 250th anniversary of the granting of the penitentiary indulgence to whoever prays in front of the niche of Maria Bambina in Church Street, Xagħra. The Victory Band will leave the band club at 5.45pm and play marches along the way to Church Street where Mass will be celebrated in front of the niche at 7pm. The Mass will be celebrated by Xagħra archpriest Mgr Carmelo Refalo. A choir, under the direction of Dorienne Portelli, will take part. The activities are being organised by the Spiteri family, the owner and guardian of the niche.
• Il-Ħaġar Museum and the Victoria International Arts Festival will be holding a joint fundraising end-of-summer buffet dinner on the rooftop of the museum on September 20 at 7.30pm. For reservations and more information call 2155 7504 or 9902 1591 or firstname.lastname@example.org