Weekly consumer advice - September 2, 2018
▪ It is our responsibility to gather as much information as possible on the service that we require and on who will be providing it.
▪ Consumers must make sure that they have the trader’s full contact details, including a postal address, before paying any money.
▪ Upon concluding a sales agreement consumers must make sure that they have in writing a description of the works/service that will be carried out, the agreed price and time frame.
▪ Once the service is provided or works completed, consumers must make sure that they are given a receipt with details of the work done.
▪ When consumers are not fully satisfied with the works carried out, they should complain immediately and request a solution.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901