Advert

Man rescued after electric blanket sparks blaze

Video: Mark Zammit Cordina

An elderly man was rescued and bedroom furniture was extensively damaged by fire at a Ta' Giorni apartment on Tuesday afternoon.

The blaze, at about 4pm is thought to have started from an electric blanket, neighbours on the scene said.

An elderly man who lives in the apartment, was rescued by firemen of the Civil Protection Department and the police.

He was treated for smoke inhalation on the scene. 

READ: Three treated after heating appliance sparks fire in Birkirkara flat

Advert

See our Comments Policy Comments are submitted under the express understanding and condition that the editor may, and is authorised to, disclose any/all of the above personal information to any person or entity requesting the information for the purposes of legal action on grounds that such person or entity is aggrieved by any comment so submitted. Please allow some time for your comment to be moderated.

Comments not loading? We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with javascript turned on.
Comments powered by Disqus  
Advert
Advert