Advert

Don't let the bed bugs bite...

Teenager causes havoc trying to kill insect

Photo: Shutterstock

Photo: Shutterstock

A 13-year-old boy trying to kill a bed bug sparked a fire in an apartment building in Cincinnati which displaced eight people and caused $300,000 in damage.

Officials in Ohio said the blaze began when the teenager lit a match after dousing a bed bug with alcohol. Six apartment units were damaged in the fire, but no injuries were reported.

The Red Cross is now working to find housing for three adults and five children.

Advert

See our Comments Policy Comments are submitted under the express understanding and condition that the editor may, and is authorised to, disclose any/all of the above personal information to any person or entity requesting the information for the purposes of legal action on grounds that such person or entity is aggrieved by any comment so submitted. Please allow some time for your comment to be moderated.

Comments not loading? We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with javascript turned on.
Comments powered by Disqus  
Advert
Advert