Advert

Ta’ Kaspru Palace and chapel

Ta’ Kaspru Palace located in Triq Sta Margerita c/w Triq San Anton Abbati, Mosta, is a conglomeration of different buildings that were constructed during different periods. Abutting the palazzo is a chapel (now a residence) that may have served as the main chapel for the complex.

The main doorway is crowned by two pairs of urn finials on either side together with another pair on the façade of the palazzo proper at first floor level.

Another particular feature of the property is the IHS with the date 1621 inscribed in two parts on either side of the relief.

Each part of the property is representative of the period in which it was constructed.

It is likely that particular features such as the doorway and finials were modified during particular periods (such as the Baroque period) to reflect the style of the main building.

Mepa scheduled Ta’ Kaspru palace and chapel as a Grade 2 national monument as per government notice 22 dated January 10.

Comments not loading? We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with javascript turned on.
Comments powered by Disqus  
Advert
Advert