Advert

Belfry of St Julians chapel restored

Work on the restoration of the belfry of the Immaculate Conception Chapel in St Julian's has been completed, removing the danger of the bells crashing down because of deteriorating stonework and supports.

The work was carried out by workers from the Resources Ministry, who are now engaged in restoring the façade of the chapel , whose origins go back to 1687. It was built by Knight Rafel Spinola, close to the palace which bears his name. The building was enlarged about a century ago with a new façade built in 1914.

An arch holding one of the bells in the belfry collapsed in January last year, causing a public danger.

Comments not loading? We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with javascript turned on.
Comments powered by Disqus  
Advert
Advert