Rangers demolish Falkirk 7-2

Gretna score historic point at Hearts

Striker Daniel Cousin scored twice within the hour to inspire Rangers to a 7-2 win over Falkirk in the Scottish Premier League yesterday.

The Gabon-born front man gave his side an early lead when he slotted a six-metre shot into the left side of the net in the second minute.

Steven Whittaker then put Rangers 2-0 ahead with a shot from the edge of the box before Falkirk pulled a goal back a minute from the interval when Spaniard Arnau Riera cracked a 30-metre shot into the top right.

Cousin grabbed his second to put Rangers 3-1 up in the 54th minute after fastening on to a pass from skipper Barry Ferguson from the right and whipping a low shot into the bottom right. Falkirk hit back again through Graham Barratt.

Striker Kris Boyd made it 4-2 in 75 minutes and Frenchman Jean Claude Darcheville hit number five with two minutes left.

Rangers turned the screw with further goals from Darcheville and Kirk Broadfoot in the final minute.

Elsewhere, newcomers Gretna secured their first ever Premier League point thanks to a late goal from Craig Barr in the 79th minute in a 1-1 draw at Hearts.

Dundee United fought out a goalless draw with Hibernian and Motherwell lost 2-1 at home to Kilmarnock when Rhian Dodds scored a late winner. St Mirren beat Inverness Caley Thistle 2-1.

Champions Celtic meet Aberdeen today while Rangers remain top of the standings with nine points from three games.


See our Comments Policy Comments are submitted under the express understanding and condition that the editor may, and is authorised to, disclose any/all of the above personal information to any person or entity requesting the information for the purposes of legal action on grounds that such person or entity is aggrieved by any comment so submitted. Please allow some time for your comment to be moderated.

Comments not loading? We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with javascript turned on.
Comments powered by Disqus