Copyright in timesofmalta.com (including but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, audio visuals and software) is owned by or licensed to the publishers, Allied Newspapers Limited. All rights are hereby reserved by Allied Newspapers Limited. Users may access content in timesofmalta.com solely for their own personal, non-commercial use. Users may not otherwise download or copy, store in any medium [including any other website], distribute, transmit, re-transmit, or modify without the prior written consent of Allied Newspapers Limited.
If you wish to make inquiries about a licence to reproduce material from timesofmalta.com, please contact the Webmaster.
User terms and conditions
In return for Allied Newspapers Ltd allowing you access to timesofmalta.com you accept the following terms and conditions.
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights including copyright in timesofmalta.com belong to or have been licensed to Allied Newspapers Limited.
You are permitted to display extracts from timesofmalta.com on your screen and print on paper one copy of such extracts solely for your own personal non-commercial use. For this purpose alone you may copy the extracts on to disk or other storage media provided that any such copies may be used only to facilitate subsequent viewing by you or to print a single copy of an extract on paper for personal use.
Except as permitted in clause 3 above you undertake not to copy, store in any medium [including any other web site], distribute, transmit, re-transmit, modify, or show in public any part of timesofmalta.com without the prior written permission of Allied Newspapers Ltd or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1998.
timesofmalta.com is a trade marks of Allied Newspapers Ltd. You may not use this mark without our express written permission.
Allied Newspapers Ltd excludes any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of timesofmalta.com. Allied Newspapers Ltd will not be liable for any claims, penalties, losses, damages, cost or expenses arising from the use of or inability to use timesofmalta.com or from any unauthorised access to or alteration of timesofmalta.com. Allied Newspapers Ltd makes no warranty that the contents of timesofmalta.com are compatible with all computer systems and browsers.
You accept that after you leave our site [whether knowingly or not] we can no longer be responsible in any way for any material that you encounter and we exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
Permission to access timesofmalta.com is granted at the sole discretion of Allied Newspapers Ltd and such permission may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
We reserve the right to add to or change the terms of this agreement. It is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these terms on accessing timesofmalta.com. Failure to comply may lead to action being taken against you.
These terms and conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with Malta Law.
It should be noted that the only official and authorised accounts on social media are those listed here:
Subscription terms and conditions
If you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, you should check the box indicating your agreement to the terms of this Agreement on the registration page for the Subscription. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, you should not check the box but you will not be able to proceed with the registration process for the Subscription and become a subscriber.
1. Changes to Subscriber Agreement. We may change the terms of this Agreement at any time by notifying you of the change in writing or electronically (including without limitation, by email or by posting a notice on the Service that the terms have been "updated" or similar words). The changes also will appear in this document, which you can access at any time by going to the Terms and Conditions link. You signify that you agree to be bound by such changes by using a Service after changes are made to this Agreement.
3. Registration and Acceptance.
3.1 The registration process is only available in English. When you register for the Subscription, the price of your Subscription will be as indicated on the website and will be for the period of time indicated in that Subscription Form. Your payment will then be processed through our payment gateway service administered by third parties with whom we have a contractual relationship, who will confirm to us if your payment is validated.
3.2 You are therefore giving your consent that your credit card details may be accessed by the payment gateway service provider for the purposes of the validation of payment.
3.3 All subscriptions are subject to acceptance by us. We will send you an e-mail that confirms acceptance of your subscription application (the Subscription Confirmation). The contractual relationship between us will only be formed when we send you the Subscription Confirmation but our obligation to provide the Subscription services will not come into effect until and unless the payment is validated.
3.4 If you order Subscription Services from our site for use outside Malta, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country in which the Subscription Services are used. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
4. Fees and Payments.
4.1 Upon subscribing to our Premium Four Weeks the first fifteen (15) days, and subject to what is stated below, the subscription will be provided for free. These fifteen (15) days shall also act as a cooling-off period. Upon the expiry of the fifteen (15) day trial period, the applicable subscription fees will be charged. We will continue to notify you of your payments and the Subscription will continue indefinitely until such time as you cancel the Subscription in terms of this Agreement. The free trial period shall only apply to our Premium Four Weeks Plan and is specifically excluded from all our other Premium plans, unless otherwise indicated.
4.2 You agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges incurred in connection with your user name and password for a Service (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. We will bill all charges automatically to the credit card which you would have provided to us.
4.3 To enable your subscription, you should provide valid credit card details, and to enable us to ascertain card verification, an amount of €0.01 will be preauthorized by yourself. The accepted payment method is through Mastercard and Visa credit cards or Bank of Valletta plc debit cards. Additional charges may apply to credit card payments but we are not responsible for these additional charges that your bank may apply. Subscription fees will be billed in advance at the beginning of your subscription or on every automatic renewal. Unless we state in writing otherwise, all fees and charges are nonrefundable.
4.4 We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, or vary the term of the subscription by giving you thirty days (30) notice in advance. You are entitled to terminate your Subscription in line with this Agreement within the duration of the notice period.
5. Cancellation and Automatic Renewal. Your subscription will continue indefinitely and renew automatically, unless it is cancelled in accordance with this Agreement. For all Subscriptions, you must cancel your subscription before it renews and therefore before your next billing date in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the following renewal term. The onus is upon you to cancel your Subscription before the due date if you do not wish to renew. You may cancel your subscription by entering your account settings. We do not accept any other form of cancellations. If you choose to cancel your subscription, you will continue enjoying the Subscription until the expiry date of that renewal.
5. Status. By placing an order for our Premium Subscription through our site, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and that you are 18 years or over. You also confirm that you are making application for the Premium Subscription for your own personal use and not for any commercial purposes.
6. Additional Terms and Conditions. Use of the digital part of the Subscription and/or access to content, data and information on timesofmalta.com require us to include additional terms and conditions relating to that content and data, which you can review on timesofmalta.com.
7. Failure of Payment. If you default in one payment that has become due, we reserve the right to cancel your subscription immediately without notice and without prejudice to our right to recover from you any outstanding amount due by you to us.
8. Limitations on Use. Only one individual may access a Service at the same time using the same user name or password, unless we agree otherwise.
9. Intellectual Property Rights. The text, graphics, images, video, and other data, design, organization, compilation, look and feel, advertising and all other protectable intellectual property (the "Content") available through the Subscription are our property or the property of our advertisers and licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Unless you have our written consent, you may not sell, publish, distribute, retransmit or otherwise provide access to the Content received through the Subscription to anyone.
10. Events beyond our reasonable control. We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control including reasons of Force Majeure which shall include any default due to an act of God, war, or threatened war, act of terrorism or threatened act of terrorism, strike, lockout, industrial action, health epidemic or pandemic, fire, flood, drought, tempest or other event beyond the control of either party. Our performance under this Agreement is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
11. Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitation on Liability. You agree that your access to, and use of the Service and the content and tools available through the Subscription is on an as-is, as available basis and we specifically disclaim any representation or warranties, express or implied. Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the charges you have paid (if any) for the Subscription Services. This does not include or limit our liability: for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability. We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and even if such losses result from a deliberate breach of these Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate this Agreement between us.
12. Waiver. If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
13. Assignment. You may not transfer, assign, or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under this Agreement, without our prior written consent. For the avoidance of doubt, you are not permitted to sell on or transfer the benefit of your Subscription Services to third parties. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Agreement.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement is subject to the Laws of Malta and the parties irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malta.