Advert

F1

  • Perez shocked by McLaren decision to drop him

    Sergio Perez expressed his shock at McLaren’s decision to drop him this week and hoped he would find another Formula One drive for next season despite time being against him. The Mexican, who has two more races with the team including tomorrow’s...

  • Surgery successful for Raikkonen

    Kimi Raikkonen has undergone a successful operation on his back. Raikkonen announced on Sunday he would miss the final two grands prix of the season in the United States this weekend and Brazil next due to a long-standing back issue. Raikkonen...

  • Kovalainen handed Lotus seat

    Finland’s Heikki Kovalainen will return to Formula One as a stand-in for compatriot Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus in the final two races of the season, the team said at the US Grand Prix in Austin yesterday. Raikkonen, currently third in the...

  • Lone star Vettel eyes eighth win in a row

    Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel can shine above all others in the Lone Star State this weekend by becoming the first Formula One driver to chalk up eight successive victories in a single season. The second US Grand Prix held at the Circuit of the...

  • FIA chief Todt set for re-election

    Jean Todt, the president of world motorsport’s governing body, will stand unopposed for re-election next month after rival David Ward announced yesterday he was withdrawing his candidacy. “It has not proved possible to secure the required number...

  • Hamilton looking to win over fans in the US

    Lewis Hamilton has no doubt Formula One will ultimately win over its sceptical American audience. The sport returned to the US for the first time last season after a five-year absence, with the United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the...

  • Magnussen to take over from Perez

    McLaren are set to replace Mexican Sergio Perez with Danish rookie Kevin Magnussen for next season, media reports said this week. Sources close to the Formula One team indicated the reports were accurate. A McLaren spokesman said no deal had been...

  • Brazil’s Massa opts to sign for Williams

    Brazilian Felipe Massa will replace Venezuelan driver Pastor Maldonado at Williams next season after signing a multi-year contract, the F1 team announced yesterday. Finland’s Valtteri Bottas will remain as the ex-champions’ other driver. “When I...

  • Raikkonen to miss the last two races of current season

    Kimi Raikkonen has pulled out of the last two races of the Formula One season in Texas and Brazil after deciding to have back surgery this week, the Lotus driver’s management said yesterday. The decision ended the 2007 world champion’s two seasons...

  • F1 supremo Ecclestone denies making threats

    Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone (picture) told a High Court judge yesterday that he did not make threats. Ecclestone, chief executive of the Formula One Group, was giving evidence at a High Court trial in London after being accused of making a...

  • Newey offers fresh hope to F1 rivals

    Adrian Newey has offered up hope to Red Bull’s rivals that his team’s dominant run could finally come to an end next year. For four successive years Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel have crushed the opposition by clinching the constructors’ and...

  • Vettel’s dominance ismind-blowing – Horner

    Sebastian Vettel’s run of seven grand prix wins in a row may be even more impressive than Michael Schumacher’s similar streak in 2004, according to his Red Bull team boss Christian Horner. Vettel, already the sport’s youngest quadruple world...

  • Lotus close to resolving Raikkonen dispute

    Lotus appear poised to confirm an investment deal has finally been agreed that would avert the threat of Kimi Raikkonen boycotting the last two races of the Formula One season and allow the team to sign Nico Huelkenberg. Negotiations with Mansoor...

  • Vettel makes it seven in a row

    Sebastian Vettel’s world title party continued in Abu Dhabi as the newly-crowned 2013 champion secured his seventh successive grand prix victory. Despite losing out on pole position to Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber, Vettel stormed into the lead...

  • McLaren close to driver announcement

    Mexican Sergio Perez looks set to stay at McLaren alongside Jenson Button next season after the Formula One team said they were close to confirming their 2014 line-up. “When will we make our driver announcement? I expect we will be making it quite...

  • Webber keeps Vettel off pole

    Mark Webber seized pole position for today’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (start: 2pm Malta time) with Red Bull team-mate and quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel making a rare error and having to settle for second best. The pole, with Webber...

  • F1 drivers trend concerns Massa

    Felipe Massa insists he would never enter negotiations with a F1 team whose first priority was to see how much sponsorship money he would bring to the table. The 32-year-old Brazilian will end an eight-year stint at Ferrari at the end of the...

  • Red Bull dominate practice

    Red Bull continued their domination of the 2013 season as yesterday Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber secured the top two places in second practice ahead of tomorrow’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Team principal Christian Hor-ner had forewarned their...

  • Horner: it's all about the team

    Red Bull's domination of Formula One is down to much more than the amazing individual talents of Sebastian Vettel and chief designer Adrian Newey, according to team principal Christian Horner. With four successive drivers' and constructors' titles...

  • Ferrari look to build for 2014

    Stefano Domenicali believes “crucial weeks” lie ahead if Ferrari are to plot a path towards ending Red Bull’s crushing domination of Formula One next season. The championships may have been won by Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull for a fourth...

Advert
Advert