Advert

F1

  • Marussia on F1 entry list

    Marussia’s climb back from the brink of Formula One extinction gained momentum yesterday when they were included on the official 2015 entry list, subject to conditions. There was no such salvation for tail-end rivals Caterham, founded by Malaysian...

  • Alonso says he is fine after crash

    Alonso says he is fine after crash

    McLaren’s Fernando Alonso assured his fans that he was fine yesterday in his first public comments since crashing heavily in Formula One testing last weekend. “As you can see, I am completely fine,” the Spaniard, recovering at his home, said in a...

  • Force India hope to debut new F1 car today

    Force India will have a maximum of three days testing with their new F1 car before the start of the season after the team said it would not debut in Spain until today. “The VJM08 will arrive in Barcelona on Friday morning and the final set up will...

  • Alonso set to race in Melbourne says Dennis

    Alonso set to race in Melbourne says Dennis

    McLaren expect Fernando Alonso to recover from Sunday’s crash in time to race in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix on March 15. The Spanish driver was released on Wednesday from a hospital in Barcelona having spent three days under...

  • McLaren’s Alonso leaves hospital

    McLaren’s Alonso leaves hospital

    McLaren Formula One driver Fernando Alonso will miss this week’s final pre-season test in Barcelona after leaving hospital yesterday following a big crash four days ago. The Spaniard, a double world champion, smiled and waved to reporters and fans...

  • McLaren blame gusting winds for Alonso crash

    McLaren blame gusting winds for Alonso crash

    McLaren have blamed gusting winds for Fernando Alonso’s Formula One testing crash on Sunday and dismissed ‘erroneous rumours’ that an electrical fault could have rendered the driver unconscious before the impact. The team said in an update...

  • Alonso ‘ok and conscious’ after heavy crash in testing

    Alonso ‘ok and conscious’ after heavy crash in testing

    Fernando Alonso has been given the all-clear after a heavy crash in testing in Barcelona but will remain in hospital for 24 hours as a precaution. The 33-year-old’s McLaren-Honda left the Circuit de Catalunya track at Turn Three and hit the wall...

  • Ferrari give helping hand to Manor

    Manor’s bid to return to Formula One this season has received another much-needed tonic as Ferrari have agreed to supply power units despite being owed millions of pounds. On Thursday, the team formerly known as Marussia announced they are to...

  • McLaren sidelined again in Barcelona testing

    McLaren sidelined again in Barcelona testing

    McLaren’s Formula One testing gremlins followed them from Jerez to Barcelona yesterday with Jenson Button sidelined after 21 laps of the Circuit de Catalunya. The team said a faulty seal on the car’s MGU-K energy recovery unit had caused a problem...

  • Drivers told to keep a lid on helmet changes

    Drivers told to keep a lid on helmet changes

    Formula One drivers are to be barred from changing helmet designs during the course of a season in a ruling aimed at helping fans identify their heroes and also pleasing traditionalists. It will be less well received by those drivers who like to...

  • Force India delay new car debut to the final test

    Force India delay new car debut to the final test

    Force India’s 2015 Formula One car will not make its track debut until the third and final pre-season test in Barcelona some two weeks before the first race in Australia, the team said yesterday. “The plan is to introduce it at the final test,”...

  • Williams are supportive of comeback bid by Marussia

    Williams are supportive of comeback bid by Marussia

    Williams are supportive of Marussia’s attempts to return to the Formula One grid and would have agreed to them starting the season with last year’s car, deputy principal Claire Williams said yesterday. “We’ve been very clear on our position around...

  • No deadline for a new contract for Hamilton

    No deadline for a new contract for Hamilton

    Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff is hopeful of concluding contract negotiations with Lewis Hamilton before the start of the new Formula One season, but is refusing to impose any deadline. Tentative talks between Hamilton and Wolff are under way...

  • Confident Button backs a strong Honda return

    Confident Button backs a strong Honda return

    Jenson Button claims he has “unfinished business” with Honda and is of the firm belief they will emerge as Formula One front-runners. McLaren have again reunited themselves with Honda from this season, with the Japanese manufacturing giant serving...

  • Ricciardo hits Top Gear and takes the record of Hamilton

    Australian Daniel Ricciardo has already stripped Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton of one lap record before the season has even started. The Red Bull driver demolished Hamilton’s two-year-old fastest lap as the ‘star in a reasonably-priced...

  • Force India opposed Marussia’s bid to use old car this year

    Force India opposed Marussia’s bid to use old car this year

    Marussia’s hopes of rising from the dead to race in next month’s Formula One season-opener in Australia have suffered a setback after rivals rejected a proposal to let them compete with last year’s car. “It needed all the teams to agree and there...

  • Caterham assets to be auctioned off next month

    Hopes of rescuing the failed Caterham Formula One team looked to be over yesterday after auctioneers said they would sell off the assets, including 2014 cars and equipment, next month. Auctioneers Wyles Hardy & Co said that they had been...

  • ‘We have turned a corner’ says Ferrari’s Raikkonen

    ‘We have turned a corner’ says Ferrari’s Raikkonen

    A buoyant Kimi Raikkonen feels Ferrari may have turned a corner, if the first day in his new car is anything to go by. Upon his return last year to the team that made him world champion in 2007, Raikkonen could not have envisaged a worse...

  • F1 supremo Ecclestone bids to rescue German GP

    F1 supremo Ecclestone bids to rescue German GP

    Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone is hoping to know by the weekend whether a German Grand Prix will take place this year. The situation was clouded on Monday when Ecclestone responded to an enquiry from Rhein-Zeitung newspaper via email in...

  • Rosberg has the knives sharpened for Hamilton

    Nico Rosberg says he has sharpened his knives for the new Formula One season and is ready to take on champion Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton and anyone else who fancies their title chances. The German, runner-up last year as Hamilton collected...

Advert
Advert