Careers - Finance And Legalback
Search for career
- Forming part of the Accounts Payable Unit within the Finance Team
- Responsible for posting in the accounting system transactions
- To perform daily, monthly or annual reconciliation between records in the main accounting as required.
- Responsible for effecting payments through bank transfers and cheques.
- Assist the Procurement Officer in matters related to purchases and the related payments.
- Assist the Finance Operations Manager and the Management Accountant in the compilation of data for reporting purposes.
Key Accountabilities/Key Activities:
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of the fixed asset module on SAGE Evolution;
- Updating and monitoring of fixed asset register;
- Asset verification and additions and disposal control.
- Daily monitoring of bank balances of all MGA bank accounts;
- Weekly reconciliation of Bank transactions against bank statements;
- Assisting Finance Directorate Managers in the processing of payments via bank transfers or other payment methods.
- Updating of Revised Budget figures (Forecasts) on Procurement System.
- Assist the Procurement Officer in the procurement process as may be required.
- Preparation of monthly tax report by class;
- Preparation of deferred income workings for both taxes and license fees;
- Posting of all journals on SAGE Evolution system;
- Assisting and liaison with the internal/external auditors during Interim / final Audits;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement.
- Partly qualified accountant undertaking a course of studies leading to a qualification in accountancy;
- Experience in a similar position shall be considered as asset;
- Proficiency in the use of accounting systems and other IT systems shall be considered an asset;
- Be capable of working within a team;
- Ability to work plan work to ensure deadlines are met;
- Be smart, highly motivated, well presented and with good communication skills.
- Takes ownership and actions.