Advert

Tourist's death from Legionnaires’ disease being investigated

Breathing in infected steam from a whirlpool spa that has not been properly cleaned and disinfected could be a cause, according to the Environmental Health Department.

Breathing in infected steam from a whirlpool spa that has not been properly cleaned and disinfected could be a cause, according to the Environmental Health Department.

A British tourist’s death from Legionnaires’ disease is being investigated by the Environmental Health Department, which would not reveal the hotel where he stayed.

“At this stage we do not feel that we should indicate the hotel in question,” said a spokesperson for the department.

Steve Whitehead, 59, visited the island in November and fell ill shortly after returning home to Billington, Lancashire.

He collapsed on December 1 and was admitted to the Royal Blackburn Hospital’s intensive care unit.

Read the full story in Times of Malta, the e-paper or timesofmalta.com premium here.

 

Advert

See our Comments Policy Comments are submitted under the express understanding and condition that the editor may, and is authorised to, disclose any/all of the above personal information to any person or entity requesting the information for the purposes of legal action on grounds that such person or entity is aggrieved by any comment so submitted. Please allow some time for your comment to be moderated.

Comments not loading? We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with javascript turned on.
Comments powered by Disqus  
Advert
Advert