Zammit Clapp residents evacuated after small fire
Residents and staff at Zammit Clapp Hospital were evacuated as a safety precaution this afternoon when a tumble drier caught fire. No one was injured.
The fire, reported at around 2.15pm, was put out by members of the Civil Protection Department as the residents were taken out, some of them on wheelchairs and beds.
35 of the residents were transferred to other institutions and three were taken to Mater Dei Hospital as a precaution for examination for smoke inhalation.