Weekly consumer advice
• The product purchased must be exactly as agreed to with the seller.
• If a product is not as promised or is defective, we are legally entitled to a remedy.
• It is exclusively the seller’s responsibility to put things right.
• A legal redress may be claimed within two years from delivery of the goods.
• Wear and tear and mishandling of products are not covered by law.
• Apparent defects and defects we were aware of prior to the sale are also not covered by law.
• We should notify the trader as soon as we notice a defect in the product purchased.