• Nadur council is holding a Blood Donation Day today at Dar San Pietru u San Pawl, December 13 Street, Nadur (near the Mnarja Band Club), between 8.30am and 1pm.
• Masses at Ta’ Pinu Sanctuary will be said today at 6.15, 8.30, 10 and 11.15am and 5pm, followed by the recital of the rosary and Eucharistic benediction.
• A Remembrance Day ceremony will be held at Independence Square, Victoria, today at 10.30am, followed by a lecture by Charles Bezzina at the Banca Giuratale, Independence Square, Victoria, at 11.15am. The lecture will be in English. Entrance is free.
• The 13th Philatelic Exhibition is being held at the Exhibition Hall, St Francis Square, Victoria, until Saturday. Opening hours are Monday to Friday from 8.30am to noon and from 2 to 4.30pm and on Saturday from 9am to noon. Entrance is free.
• Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol will be screened at the Don Bosco Oratory, Victoria, today at 5.30pm.
• The Għaqda il-Milied fix-Xagħra will be holding a seminar at the Xagħra Youth Centre, 28th April 1688 Street, Xagħra, close to the main square, today at 9.30am. Victor Darmanin of Kalkara will demonstrate how to construct a crib with cork. A visual presentation will also be given on Arnolfo di Cambio’s crib at Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome.
• A baroque and classic music concert Sound the Trumpet will be held at the Sacred Heart church in Nadur on Friday at 7pm. Trumpeters Jason Camilleri, Andre Helleur and Shirley Helleur will take part.
• The Victoria Padre Pio Prayer Group will be holding a prayer meeting at the Capuchin Friars’ Sanctuary of Our Lady of Graces, Victoria, on Friday at 5.30pm.
• The diocesan Eucharistic Movement will be holding a prayer evening at St John the Baptist Rotunda, Xewkija, on Saturday at 8pm, followed by Mass at midnight.
• The Bethel Charismatic Group will be holding a prayer meeting at Our Lady of Pompeii church, Victoria, on Saturday at 7pm.
• The new musical Il-Miraklu ta’ Marcellino will be staged at the Don Bosco Oratory in Victoria on Saturday and November 24 at 7.30pm, while a matinée show will be held next Sunday at 2.30pm. For booking, call 2155 6616 or 9948 7751.
• The feast of St Cecilia, patron saint of musicians, will be celebrated at the chapel of Santa Cecilia in Għajnsielem on November 25. Wirt Għawdex, which was responsible for the chapel’s restoration, is holding various activities between November 22 and 25. A harp concert by Jacob Portelli will be held at the chapel on November 23 at 6.30pm.
Mass will be celebrated at Għajnsielem parish church on November 25 at 10am, followed by a band march by the St Joseph Band of Għajnsielem as part of the annual event of the Gozo Band Clubs Organisation. For more information, e-mail [email protected] or send an SMS to 7977 1981.