Weekly consumer advice
• When faced with an unexpected telephone sale, we should always take note of the seller’s name and the company they represent.
• When buying something over the phone, we have additional rights which include a cooling-off period.
• The cooling-off period may extend to three months when we are not given all the mandatory information by the seller.
• During a telephone sale, the seller must clearly identify the business and purpose of the call from the start.
• Goods bought through telesales must either be delivered within the period agreed with the seller or within 30 days of placing the order.