• Qala parish today celebrates the feast of St Joseph. A pontifical concelebrated Mass led by Gozo Bishop Mario Grech will be said at 9 a.m. The St Joseph Band of Kalkara will play marches at 11.30 a.m. The procession with the statue of the saint starts at 7.20 p.m. The Ite ad Joseph Band and the Mnarja Band will take part.
A get-together will be held at the main square at noon.
The festivities end with a concert by the St Margaret Band at 10.45 p.m.
On Wednesday, Qala marks the 41st anniversary of the coronation of the titular painting of St Joseph with a concelebrated Mass, led by Fr Daniel Grech at 7 p.m.
• Art Club 2000, the arts and craft centre of Mellieħa, will be holding its fourth annual Gozo Collective Art Exhibition at the exhibition hall of the Gozo Ministry in Victoria from tomorrow until August 29. Around 60 artists will be exhibiting their works. Opening hours are Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• The Richmond Foundation (Gozo) is holding a self-help group meeting at the NGO centre in Xewkija on Tuesday at 5.30 p.m. Everyone is invited. For more information call 2210 6151 or e-mail [email protected].
• The St Mary Fireworks Group of Żebbuġ will be holding their traditional dinner at the main square on Thursday at 8.30 p.m. to kick off festivities in honour of St Mary being celebrated between August 8 and 19. Singer Freddie Portelli will entertain patrons. Price for adults will be €12 and for children €7. For more information and bookings call at the Żebbuġ parish centre or call 9986 6734/ 2155 9568.
• The Oasi Foundation will be presenting Riflessi Sajfin at Il-Menqa in Marsalforn on Saturday at 7.30 p.m. It will be presented by Christabelle Borg and Deborah C. Taking part will be the Aurora Folk Group, Gozo Line Dancers, Power House, The Turning Point Dance Theatre and Gymnastics Gozo, Naupaca Dance Factory, Centre Stage Dance Academy, Eleanor Cassar, Mikaela Bajada, Nicole Azzopardi, Brenton Azzopardi and Sarah Bonnici.
• The Xagħra council, in collaboration with the Body Art Dance Group, will be organising Xagħra Rocks… Sacred or Profane? at Victory Square, Xagħra, on Saturday at 8.30 p.m. There will be a dance show by the Body Art Dance Group, a concert by Cash & Band and other entertainment. Admission tickets can be collected (free of charge) from the Xagħra council until Friday from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. There is also an option for anyone who would like to dine at one of the restaurants located in the square. Tickets cost €30 each.