• Sannat celebrates the feast of St Margaret today. Gozo Bishop Mario Grech will lead a pontifical concelebrated Mass at 9 a.m. The Missa in honorem S. Margaritae by Mro Charles Camilleri will be performed.
Traditional horse and donkey races will be held at 2 p.m.
The procession, accompanied by the Santa Margerita Band, starts at 7.45 p.m. The La Stella and Ite Ad Joseph bands will give a concert at St Margaret Square.
Festivities end with marches by the Ite Ad Joseph Band at 10.30 p.m.
• Masses at Ta’ Pinu Sanctuary will be said today at 6.15 a.m., 8.30 a.m., 10 a.m., 11.15 a.m. and at5 p.m.
• The diocesan Eucharistic Movement will be holding a prayer evening at the Don Bosco Oratory chapel, Victoria, on Saturday at 8.30 p.m., followed by Mass at midnight.
• The Bethel Charismatic Group will be holding a prayer meeting at the church of Our Lady of Pompeii, Victoria, on Saturday at 7 p.m.
• The Victoria Scout Group is holding a barbecue and camp fire at the Dwejra campsite, on August 1 at 7.30 p.m. Tickets (Menu A at €10 and Menu B at €7) can be obtained from the Scouts’ headquarters in Victoria or by calling 2155 6497 or from the Group Scout leader Lorrie Saliba on 7939 8928 until July 30.
• The Gozo Youth Orchestra, in collaboration with the Gozo Ministry and the US Embassy, will present Opera vs Pop Under the Stars – 5th Edition at the Gozo Ministry’s courtyard in Victoria on July 30 at 8.15 p.m.
The concert will feature soprano Pamela Agius, bass Noel Galea and singer Ludwig Galea, together with Gozitan and Maltese singers and musicians. German youth musicians will also take part.
The first part of the programme will consist of classical and operatic songs and arias, followed by an array of lighter pop arrangements from soundtracks and musicals. For tickets call 9942 1611.
• The Gozo CCU Foundation will be holding a barbecue at the pool of the Cornucopia Hotel in Xagħra on August 25 at 7 p.m. in aid of the foundation. The price of €28 will include free flowing house wine and water. Entertainment will be provided by Penny Dix and Kevin McGowan. For tickets call Carmen on 2156 6496/7956 6496, Jacqueline on 2156 2315/9956 2315 or William on 2156 3838/7956 3838.