Weekly consumer advice
• The cooling-off period applies when we buy goods through distance selling or from a door-to-door seller.
• The cooling-off period allows us to return any unwanted goods within 15 days.
• We should not be asked to give any reason or incur penalties when we exercise our cancellation rights.
• When a sale is cancelled, we should get our money back within 30 days after returning the unwanted goods.
• Consumers must be clearly informed about their cancellation rights.
• When denied the right to cancel a distance contract or a door-to-door sale, we may file a complaint with the Office for Consumer Affairs.