• Xewkija celebrates the feast of St John the Baptist today with a concelebrated Mass by Gozo Bishop Mario Grech at 8.15 a.m. The Victory and the Duke of Connaught’s Own bands will play marches at 11 a.m. Mgr Anton Borg will lead a solemn Mass at 6.45 p.m. The procession starts at 7.45 p.m. The Precursor and the Mnarja bands will also participate.
• The Oasi Foundation is holding an open day today on the 20th anniversary of its foundation in Victoria. Activities will be held for all the family, including a Harley Davidson motorbike show, a bouncing castle, face painting, guided tours of the centre, a white elephant stall and a show by The Greenfields. A thanksgiving Mass will be said at 9.45 a.m.
• The Mnarja Philharmonic Society will hold its annual concert, entitled ‘Big Band Adventures’, tomorrow at Arch. Martin Camilleri Square, Nadur, at 9 p.m. on the occasion of the feast of St Peter and St Paul.
• The feast of St Peter and St Paul will be celebrated at Nadur Basilica on Friday. Mgr Grech will lead a concelebrated pontifical Mass at 9 a.m., followed by the presentation of the Golden Heart award. The Żejtun band and St Helen’s band of Birkirkara will play marches at 11.30 a.m. Traditional horse races will take place at the Xħajma Road, Nadur, at 2.30 p.m. The procession with the statue of the saints, accompanied by the Mnarja band, will start at 8 p.m. • The 15th Victoria International Arts Festival is underway. Today’s concert at St George’s Basilica, Victoria, starts at 8 p.m. Taking part will be the Kalypso Ensemble with participants from Italy, Spain and Malta.
• A Canada Day will be marked in Gozo next Sunday. At 9 a.m. there will be a flagraising ceremony at the Emigrants Memorial, Mġarr, followed by an evening celebration at Park il-Familja in Qala at 6 p.m. There will also be a barbecue. Tickets sell at €13 for adults and €5 for children under 12. For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call 2156 0656 or 9924 6043.
• The Gozo CCU Foundation will be holding a ‘Concert Under The Stars’ at Ta’ Frenċ on July 8 at 7.30 p.m. The concert will be by Trio Stella Maris and entertainment during dinner will be provided by Essential Trio. The price is €35, including a reception, a five-course meal and half a bottle of wine. For bookings, call Carmen on 2156 6496/7956 6496. firstname.lastname@example.org