Immaculate Conception and St Joseph, Qala
The parish church dedicated to the Immaculate Conception and St Joseph was built between 1882 and 1889 with its design attributed to Dun Ġużepp Diacono.
Although shaped like a Latin Cross, the central section protrudes in the shape of a Roman temple, having two large composite pilasters supporting a cornice and pediment, both heavily dentilled. The main portal is also of a temple style and is supported by two giant Corinthian columns on its side, with the ends slightly set back. Above them are a cornice and pediment similar to those above. Above the portal pediment and the upper cornice, is a row of blind, colonnaded windows resting on a row of balustrades. Above the windows are heavily floriated garland carvings. The flanking doorways on the façade are receded and each set between two Corinthian columns and triangular pediments above. On the corner is a large pilaster identical to those at the front. Above each door is a panel with a bass relief of a saint, above which are more identical blind windows and garlands, and the similarity of these parts of the façade remain up to the upper cornice. The two identical bell-towers continue above these receded flanks.
The Malta Environment and Planning Authority scheduled the parish church as a Grade 1 monument on August 26, 2011 as per Government Notice 782.