Hibs suspend Scerri
Terrence Scerri's future with Hibernians looks in jeopardy after the forward was suspended by the Malta champions last week.
Club sources told The Sunday Times that the towering forward has not been attending pre-season training since the start of last week after he was given a 28-day suspension following a dispute with the club.
The Malta international has made two appearances for the Paolites this season both in the Euro Cup, scoring two goals.
However, he was not included in the Hibs squad that played against FK Mogren, of Montenegro, in the first qualifying round of the Champions League earlier this month.
The same sources said it is not excluded that Scerri could end up leaving the Paolites this summer. So far only Sliema Wanderers have made an official approach for the 25-year-old.
Hibs coach Mark Miller is looking to strengthen his squad by signing a new striker and has brought over two foreign players who are on trial at the club.
Meanwhile, Valletta have intensified their efforts to sign Marsaxlokk midfielder Kevin Sammut.
It is understood that top officials from the two Premier League clubs are in discussions to iron out a deal that would see the 28-year-old move to the capital this season.
The Citizens squad will be travelling to the Netherlands this week where they will go for a week-long training camp under the guidance of Dutch coach Ton Caanen.