Crespo eyeing Real Madrid move
Hernan Crespo, who failed to find a regular place in the Inter line-up, is looking to revive his career with a move to Real Madrid in January.
Inter supremo Massimo Moratti has already told Crespo, 33, that he can leave and AS reported the Argentine striker is heading for the Spanish champions.
In fact, Crespo's agent, Fernando Hidalgo, is due to meet Real sporting director Predrag Mijatovic to discuss terms for a move.
"I have always been excited about Spanish football," Crespo said.
"When you speak about Real you associate them with the history of the game. When I visited the Bernabeu with Lazio in 2000 we were full of fear because Real were at their best. We lost 3-2 and I got to swap shirts with Luis Figo."
Gradi back in command
Dario Gradi is back in command of first-team affairs at League One strugglers Crewe Alexandra, replacing Steve Holland. Gradi was in charge of the Alex between 1983 and 2007 before taking up a new role as technical director.
Gradi's 24-year spell in charge of the Alex made him the longest-serving manager in English football at the time. He was inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame in 2004.
Gradi was also responsible for forging the club's reputation as a breeding ground for talent.
The likes of David Platt, Danny Murphy, Neil Lennon, Dean Ashton and Robbie Savage all went on to play international football after spending time at Crewe.
Cesar says Inter were unfair
Cesar Aparecido, the Brazilian winger who joined Bologna earlier this week, criticised his former club Inter for the way they treated him in summer. The 34-year-old's contract at San Siro expired last May and he wasn't offered a new deal when Jose Mourinho replaced former coach Roberto Mancini.
"Four-and-a-half months ago I was an Italian league champion and then I found myself abandoned by everyone," Cesar said.
"The reason was simple... I was cut out at Inter because I was one of Mancini's men.
"I want to thank Bologna for this opportunity. I will be trying to show my ability and score goals."
Striker accused of robbery
Boca Juniors striker Lucas Viatri, one of the revelations of the Argentine season, is to face court proceedings over allegations that he robbed a hairdressers.
Arturo Olcese told reporters that Viatri, who allegedly stole a pair of scissors and hair spray along with his brother and a friend, has been accused of robbery aggravated by the possession of weapons.
Olcese denied the charges against Viatri, who has scored six goals for Boca in the Apertura championship including the winner in the derby against arch-rivals River Plate.
Viatri was held in custody for one month earlier this year and the judge has now ruled that he must face an oral trial before a panel of judges.
Benayoun wants more playing time
Yossi Benayoun could seek pastures new if Rafael Benitez fails to find more playing time for the Israel international at Liverpool.
Benayoun has started just four of Liverpool's 13 league matches this season, with seven further appearances from the bench.
The 28-year-old fears there will be little chance for him to play while Liverpool continue to perform well in the Premier League.
"If the situation remains the same I will not want to continue as a Liverpool player," Benayoun said.
Benayoun cost Liverpool £5 million when he signed from West Ham in 2007.
Tottenham fire goalkeepers coach
Hans Leitert, the 35-year-old Tottenham goalkeepers coach, is no longer employed by the London club. Leitert, of Austria, joined the Spurs in the close season and has been working with error-prone Heurelho Gomes.
"We thank him for his contribution and wish him well.
An announcement regarding a new appointment will be made in due course," Spurs said in a statement.
Gomes, a summer signing from PSV, has committed a series of errors this season, with his latest costing Spurs the points at Fulham last Saturday.
The other keepers at Tottenham are Spanish veteran Cesar Sanchez and young Ben Alnwick who has returned from a loan at Carlisle.
Milan want defender Thiago
Milan are interested in Fluminense's Brazil defender Thiago Silva, chief executive Adriano Galliani told reporters.
There were reports last month that Inter had signed a pre-contract agreement with the 24-year-old, but their city rivals Milan have made their own advances.
Galliani said: "Silva could be of interest to us, but not in January. He is a great player, but we can only sign him next summer because we have already brought in two non-EU players this season."