Applications for children's allowance

Families who are not receiving a children's allowance can apply for it on the new form that has been issued by the Department of Social Security, the Family Ministry said.

Applications can be obtained from the district offices of the Social Security Division in the various localities, from or by calling 159.

Applications will be received by the Division for the coming weeks and months but families are urged to apply as soon as possible, the ministry said.

The budget measure means that children under 16 years of age are entitled to a children's allowance, irrespective of the family's income.


See our Comments Policy

Comments are submitted under the express understanding and condition that the editor may, and is authorised to, disclose any/all of the above personal information to any person or entity requesting the information for the purposes of legal action on grounds that such person or entity is aggrieved by any comment so submitted.

Please allow some time for your comment to be moderated.

Comments not loading? We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with javascript turned on.
Comments powered by Disqus