Trezeguet extends Juventus contract to 2011
France striker David Trezeguet has made an about-turn and extended his contract with Juventus until 2011, the newly promoted Serie A club said on Monday night.
Trezeguet had looked set to be on his way after making a bizarre gesture to club bosses following his goal in a defeat by La Spezia on the last day of the season earlier this month.
He said he felt unloved by the club after they made an initial contract offer and media linked him with a move to Olympique Lyon or Valencia.
However, a successful capital increase on the stock market has given Juve fresh funds and bosses said last week they hoped it would enable them to keep the 29-year-old striker, who has spent seven seasons in Turin.
"I am proud to link my name with Juventus for another four seasons," Trezeguet said in a statement.
"Today I have made a decisive choice for my career and my life. This is a club which has given me so much and with whom I want to continue to win."
He stuck by the club following the stripping of their 2006 championship and demotion to Serie B for match-fixing and helped them bounce back to the top flight at the first attempt.
Juve have been quickly rebuilding for Serie A under new coach Claudio Ranieri. Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon extended his contract and a number of players, including Portugal's Tiago and striker Vincenzo Iaquinta, have arrived at the club.